Friday, July 31, 2009

Del Sol Secret Crush

Last weekend, we had a true rarity here: two continuous days of sunshine!! I figured that it was the perfect time to swatch another one of the Del Sol polishes I got. Del Sol makes a variety of products that all change color in the sun -- I've already tried out the glittery Heartbreaker in a previous post, so I figured this time, I would try a non-glitter and go with Secret Crush.

Del Sol Secret Crush
(indoors, with flash)




(outdoors, somewhat direct sunlight)




I am somewhat disappointed at the results :-( When Scrangie did her review of these polishes, the color change on hers was much more dramatic than mine. Indoors, Secret Crush is a peachy metallic frost. Outside, it is supposed to turn into this gorgeous purple duochrome, but I got a darker peach with a slight purple sheen. I am not sure what I did wrong -- I used a different base coat than usual (I used OPI Nail Envy instead of my usual Seche Base or Seche Clear), so I don't know if that helped in blocking UV rays. Also, when I took the outdoor pics, it was more muggy than it was sunny, so maybe the weather conditions weren't ideal? Either way, I ended up wearing the polish for almost a full 2 days and never experienced any color change greater than what you see in the pictures. So yeah, I am definitely disappointed :-( But, the formula on this was pretty good -- I'm wearing two coats here, plus a top coat in addition to the Nail Envy.

Oh, and if you want to try out Del Sol for yourself, they are running a promotion on their website right now -- for every 3 bottles of polish you buy, you get 1 free. So, 4 for the price of 3, or 10 for the price of 8. The polishes retail for $10. Hopefully there will continue to be a few more sunny days this summer so that I can swatch the other 3 Del Sols I have :-)

No comments: