Wednesday, July 22, 2009

China Glaze Cruisin'

I recently got the whole Retro Diva collection from China Glaze. This is China Glaze's newest collection of colors. They're 12 polishes that are supposed to invoke the spirit of the 70s. I think it's a good polish collection for Fall -- the colors remind me of fall foliage. However, there isn't much diversity in the collection -- it revolves around red, orange, and purple. Those colors have been done and overdone, so there is nothing too original going on here. I will be swatching them (albeit slowly), one at a time. Here's the first!

China Glaze Cruisin'
(indoors, with flash)




So, I randomly stuck my hand into my unswatched nail polish basket (yes, there's a basket) and decided to swatch whatever I picked out first. Unfortunately, it turned out to be Cruisin'. I say "unfortunately" because the formula on this one SUCKS ASS. As soon as I took the brush out of the bottle, I could see drops of polish falling off already -- that is how runny it is. Additionally, it is also quite sheer. My swatch is two coats, but I probably could have used one or two more coats if I wanted it to be more opaque.

Cruisin' reminds me of a pumpkin color, but lighter. When you look at it closely, you will see it has some shimmer to it as well. The color is nice, but I really wish the formula had been better. I was disappointed and feared that the rest of the collection would be equally bad formula-wise, but I have another color from the collection on today, and that one was opaque in one coat, so yeah.... color me confused! There's at least two more oranges in this collection, so I hope those work out better for me! ;-)

No comments: