Monday, July 20, 2009

OPI Significant Other Color + OPI Text Me - Text You

For my friend's wedding this past weekend, I wanted my nails to look natural, but also pretty. Her colors were light purple and light green (like celery). I painted my toes with a light green holographic polish (China Glaze He's Going in Circles), so I decided to do my nails a light purple.

OPI Significant Other Color + OPI Text Me - Text You
(indoors, with flash)




(outdoors, direct sunlight)




Significant Other Color is a very light sheer purple that reflects different colors in the light. It is quite sheer -- I am only wearing one coat here, but I would think I need at least three or four in order for the purple to show through in a more obvious way. Text Me-Text You is a clear jelly polish with multicolor glitter suspended in it. I don't usually wear it alone, but I use it often on top of other polishes to add some glitter. I am wearing one coat on top of the Significant Other Color. Surprisingly, my mani made it through all weekend with minimal tipwear and chips. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I normally hate any mani where the polish isn't opaque, but I will occasionally do funky French manis or sheer polishes when my natural nails are a decent length (like right now -- though they are getting long and it gets harder for me to type accurately, so I may have to cut them soon!).

No comments: