Monday, August 03, 2009

China Glaze Solar Power

Today, I have a "fun" manicure to show off. I got some pink hearts from a local nail supply store and decided to add them to a yellow mani. The yellow by itself is a little too "much" for me, so I decided to jazz it up. This mani went over quite well - even my boss complimented it!

China Glaze Solar Power


The polish went on really well - it was smooth and pigmented. It was opaque in two coats, which surprised me, because I was expecting to really have to layer this polish. It is a bright, sunny yellow. To get the hearts on, right after I put on my second coat of polish, I used a pair of pointy-ended tweezers to pick up the hearts, plop it on my nail, then I pushed it down a little bit so that it would push into the polish. After I had all the hearts on, I put a topcoat on to make sure the hearts were sealed on tight. I haven't used the hearts again since, but I will probably break them out again for Valentine's Day or something :-)

No comments: