Monday, November 02, 2009

OPI Thrills in Beverly Hills + China Glaze Polar Ice

Rather than post from my backlog of pics, I am fast-forwarding a bit and showing you guys my nails from this past weekend :-) I did my nails to match my Halloween costume. I was a goddess and my dress had gold trim and was super pretty, so I wanted divine-looking nails to match!

OPI Thrills in Beverly Hills + China Glaze Polar Ice




The tips are four coats of OPI's Thrills in Beverly Hills. This is a gold glitter top coat. I used FOUR coats of it to get it to be dense enough on my tips. Then, I put one coat of China Glaze's Polar Ice on top of it and a coat of Seche Vite to finish it off. Polar Ice is a cloudy-clear base with multi-color glitter in it. It is from ChG's new Specialty Collection. I probably wouldn't wear it by itself, but it is awesome for layering! I don't do Frenches very often, because I don't really like my nails to be super long (I type a lot, so I prefer them short), but I was growing them longer for Halloween so that I could do my tips :-) I am bummed because I've noticed my nails are starting to yellow :-( I may have to take a break from polish for a while to give my nails a break. If anyone knows how to get rid of the yellowing, please tell me :-( I will love you forever! :-D

3 comments:

Paige said...

That is a really pretty combination!

Lucy said...

Lovely, glittery and pretty manicure. I hate when my nails are yellow. Now they are blue from Essie's Mesmerize

Epurica said...

Hey honey. You can use lemon juice for whitening your nails. I don't really have this problem, not sure why, I almost never have my nails without polish, and I do love vampy and dark colors, and still they're really white. I do use a nail polish remover that's supposed to whiten your nails, so it's probably that (acetone free, of course), you could check it out.
Anyway...with the lemon juice: you either cut a little piece of lemon and rub it on your nail, or squeeze some juice into a cup and soak a cotton pad and rub that onto your nail. You probably won't see overnight results, but it will work.
Have a nice day :)