Thursday, November 12, 2009

OPI Lincoln Park After Dark Suede

I have the whole OPI Suede collection, and decided to try this one out first because it looked the prettiest in the bottle :-)

OPI Lincoln Park After Dark Suede




My apologies in advance for my crappy application job. I took the pics before I cleaned up my nails. The bottle had a little disclaimer that you shouldn't use base coat or top coat on these. The application process is very similar to the Matte Collection that they released this year as well. As you can see from the pics, I did not use a top coat, but I did use a base coat, because I didn't want to stain my nails, and I find that application is generally easier when I have a base coat on. I used Seche Clear, since that usually gives me a flat finish and won't alter the "suede"ness of this polish.

Like the OPI Mattes, this one only required two coats, and each coat dried VERY quickly. You really don't have too much time to fix mistakes while the polish is still wet. You're better off waiting until the polish is dry and then doing cleanup after that. I really like this color -- though it looks nothing like the non-suede LPAD, which is super almost-black dark. I have seen pics of this polish with a top coat and well, and it is a stunning gorgeous sparkle. All of these Suedes remind me of how a glitter polish would look if you used a matte top coat on them -- I think that's the best way of describing them. The wear was decent -- I had some tipwear on Day #2 and a chip on one finger. I can't wait to try out the other Suedes in this collection :-)

2 comments:

Paige said...

That is a great color, I love the suedes!

Lucy said...

Looks fantastic on you. I want to buy the whole suedes collection.