Thursday, April 01, 2010

OPI Designer Series Mystery

Mystery is a relatively new color -- it was released along with Glow (featured already in another post) a few months ago.

OPI Designer Series Mystery




I apologize in advance for the crappy pics. This one was IMPOSSIBLE to get good pictures of. The color is actually a VERY dark, almost-black purple with chunks of gold flakey glitter in there. I also did a horrible application job, which didn't help with the pics. I originally had one two coats, but noticed that it wasn't completely opaque on some nails. I was too lazy to slap on another coat, so I went two days with my mani like that. I hadn't taken pics yet, so prior to taking these pics, I slapped on a third coat, and that's why you see some tipwear with a coat of polish over it. Oopsie! But, the color really is super pretty. It definitely looks like a chunky black unless you are in sunlight, or look up close... then you can see the purple and gold flakes.

I've recently re-discovered Konad and am starting to get the hang of it. My application isn't perfect, but it's getting better. Hopefully after I've honed in on my Konad skills, I will post some Konadicures :-)

No comments: