Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Essie Love, Beverly Hills xx

This was the polish that I recently wore for Valentine's Day/Chinese New Year (they fell on the same day this year). Red is a lucky color in Asian cultures, and I've been waiting for a special occasion to whip out this polish!

Essie Love, Beverly Hills xx





I can't believe this polish retails for $18!! That's insane. It is supposed to be some sort of "special edition" nail polish that has gold in it or something -- I can't remember. Anyway, thankfully I didn't pay that much. I found it in the clearance bin at Ulta and paid about half that price (still kinda pricey for a bottle of nail polish though). Maybe I'm blind, or stupid, but I don't really see the gold. I can *barely* notice a slight golden shimmer, but that's about it. But, I will say that for such an expensive polish, it applied wonderfully. Don't let my crappy, rushed application job be any indication of how well this polish applied. It was practically opaque (but not too thick) in one coat. A second coat finished it off nicely. I like the red, and it was festive and fit the occasion, but I don't foresee myself spending so much for a nail polish ever again.

No comments: