Friday, March 12, 2010

OPI Designer Series Shimmer

Today is the kick-off of all-OPI Designer Series polishes! YAY!!!

OPI Designer Series Shimmer




Well, I was hoping to start off the week with an awesome polish, but I am going to kick it off with this disappointment instead, since it happened to be the first one that I picked out of my stash. Looking at the bottle, I wasn't sure what to expect. At the very least, I thought I would have a very pretty light gray/silver holographic polish. The thing that disappointed me the most about this polish was the application. No matter how hard I tried, I could *not* get it to be opaque enough for my liking, and the formula was watery. I am wearing FOUR coats here, and it is still too sheer for me. Blah! I quit after four coats and decided to just leave it as is. I like how you can very clearly see all the different colors in the light, but I don't think I would ever wear this as a standalone polish, but it may work as a topcoat over a dark color to give it a little bit of shimmery goodness.

Oh well -- I have some better ones coming up - I promise! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, but its so sparkly! Maybe next time layer it over a base color you like?

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

this photo that you took - is AMAZING, wow-wow-wow times 1 million.....

try layering this over another polish. I am totally saving that photo!

Paige said...

Wow, that is stunning!

Sally said...

I always think of this as more of a top coat, with maybe one or two coats to turn my polish into a DS polish. It refracts light sometimes so it has a rainbow effect - so pretty.